Energy From Waste Team Leader – Clinical Waste, Tyseley, Birmingham
Location: Tyseley, West Midlands
Veolia’s Energy Recovery Facilities utilise world-class technology to safely transform residual waste in to energy. For the national grid, we generate enough energy to power over 189,000 homes annually. Energy Recovery makes an important contribution to reducing the UK’s long-term energy gap and helps to increase landfill diversion as part of an integrated waste management strategy.
We are looking for a Team Leader with experience of dealing with Clinical or hazardous waste to join our team in Tyseley, Birmingham. You will be responsible for providing operational support to the Clinical, Pharmaceutical, Commercial & Industrial Waste disposal for VESB and Secure Destruction Services for Veolia UK.
- Supervise the Clinical Waste Operatives, ensuring staff are allocated tasks accordingly to meet the requirements of waste acceptance and waste throughput, assisting in this work as appropriate.
- Maintain statutory and statistical information associated with the Clinical and Site Operation in accordance with applicable Company Procedures.
- Supervise the Day Operation Staff, scheduling work and allocating tasks as required to maintain the ERF site in a clean, tidy and safe condition as required by the Site Permit.
- Liaise with Clinical Waste Customers as required to maintain a high quality and reliable service, while ensuring compliance with the requirements of the Site Authorisation and appropriate legislation.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s Quality and Environmental Management System and Health and Safety Policies. Ensure that the facility operates within legal requirements and environmental legislation ISO 9001,1401,1800
- Ensure contractors are compliant with the requirements of the BMS and in particular EA guidance note 5.07.
Skills, Knowledge and experience
Apprentice trained Engineer / Technician, qualified in a relevant Engineering or Scientific discipline, however extensive relevant experience will be considered
Extensive experience predominantly in one or two of the following areas and working knowledge of the others:
- Practical approach to problem solving
- Self motivated
- Ability to work in a multi project environment
- Ability to forge and maintain good inter personal working relationships
- Capable of preparing technology proposals
- Strong communicator across all levels
- Presentation skills across all levels including technical report writing
- Requiring minimal supervision and able to cope with numerous issues simultaneously
- Capable of prioritising tasks accordingly
- Ability to interrogate / understand maintenance to provide accurate plant condition information / recommendations.
- Competent problem solver with a practical approach to solving problems.
- Knowledge of current H&S
Job Type: Permanent
Apply here, and please tell them you saw this on the Clinical Waste Discussion Forum