Clinical Waste Driver
Full time, minimum 40 hours per wk, Mon–Fri, varying between 5am-5pm
Job Description & Duties:
Driving up to 3.5 tonne vehicles. Duties will predominantly include collecting bags of clinical waste mainly from nursing homes. Also some occasional servicing of washroom facilities which may include ladies sanitary units, air freshener units, roller towels and soap dispensers etc. may be required as well as servicing of water cooler units, dust mats and some deliveries of hygiene products. Our clients vary from nursing homes, doctor’s surgeries, schools and nurseries mainly covering the Midlands and some surrounding areas. Please note, this role mainly consists of collecting clinical waste (nappy waste) and although the waste is presented in sealed bags, this position is not for the squeamish.
* Full clean driving licence
* Minimum age 25 for insurance purposes
* Must be physically fit and strong as this is a manual job which includes continuous heavy lifting and many customers may also have flights of stairs
* Confident with use of Tablet / Ipad
* Pleasant and friendly manner
* Customer Service Skills
* Reliable, adaptable and flexible to work fluctuating hours
* Previous experience not essential but advantageous
Due to the nature of our clients, the successful applicant will be DBS checked.