Medical / Clinical Waste & Environmental Compliance Officer / Quality Controller / Auditor that has previous experience working within a Healthcare Waste Management role is required by a well-established, leading Company.
SALARY: £25,000 – £30,000 per annum (depending on experience)
BENEFITS: 25 Days Paid Holidays plus Bank Holidays, Lease Car or Car Allowance available
LOCATION: Home based with travel to visit sites / plants covering West Midlands, Wales and surrounding areas.
** Home Based Role which involves travel around West Midlands and Wales **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Medical / Clinical Waste & Environmental Compliance Officer / Quality Controller / Auditor that has previous experience working within a Healthcare Waste Management role.
Working as the Medical / Clinical Waste & Environmental Compliance Officer / Quality Controller / Auditor you will be responsible for auditing healthcare customer waste to ensure that it is segregated in accordance with legal requirements and it suitable for acceptance for treatment and disposal.
As the Medical / Clinical Waste & Environmental Compliance Officer / Quality Controller / Auditor you will have an excellent understanding of healthcare waste management including segregation, packaging and consignment.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Medical / Clinical Waste & Environmental Compliance Officer / Quality Controller / Auditor include:
- Review third party healthcare waste customer pre-acceptance audits in accordance with legal requirements following the company process and report
- Undertake customer’s healthcare waste pre-acceptance audits and produce reports in accordance with legal requirements following the company process
- Undertake audits of healthcare waste customers at the company facilities in accordance with legal requirements and report to the operational and commercial team on the level of compliance
- Provide advice and training to healthcare waste customers in support of waste segregation, packaging and compliance in accordance with environmental regulatory agency guidance
- Provide technical advice to commercial team members and customers on healthcare waste issues, including the completion of waste technical assessments when required
- Support the administration of the waste pre-acceptance process
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Educated to a minimum of A-level standard or equivalent, preferably in a science or environmental subject
- Excellent understanding of healthcare waste management including segregation, packaging and consignment
- Good understanding of healthcare waste environmental regulatory guidance
- Qualification and experience in auditing particularly waste auditing desirable
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel
- Good commercial and operational awareness
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Committed to compliance
- Ability to work under pressure to tight timescale
- Good Team Player
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to https://www.gumtree.com/jobs/job/1395986998/medical-clinical-waste-and-environmental-compliance-officer-quality-controller-auditor/. The Recruitment Team will review your details. CV’s of Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to the Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4100
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find work covering the West Midlands and Wales. Recruitment services provided by AWD online.
If you apply, please do tell them that you saw this on the Clinical Waste Discussion Forum, and GOOD LUCK!