A Maintenance Team Leader is required to work at an operational energy from waste power station in the Birmingham area.
The person will be responsible for scheduling and supervising of all maintenance tasks and activities on a clinical waste incinerator as well as assisting in operations and maintenance tasks on the EFW power station.
Typical duties of the Maintenance Team Leader will include:
- Day to day management and supervision of all maintenance related activities on the clinical incinerator. This covers planning of work and coordination of the maintenance department in order to ensure maximum plant availability.
- Log maintenance information and data using the site CMMS
- Propose, plan and budget for plant modifications and improvements
- Supervise and record the maintenance team’s daily workload ensuring suitable cover for holidays etc.
- Developing method statements and risk assessments for carrying out maintenance tasks
- Manage and control maintenance sub-contractors
- Ensuring all activities are carried out to the highest standard of health and safety.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity it’s important you meet certain criteria including:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience gained in a continuous process industry, preferably with knowledge on steam raising plant and power generation. Royal Navy Marine Engineers will also be considered.
- A relevant engineering qualification at HNC level or above. Qualifications below this will be considered along with extensive experience
- Some supervisory or team leader experience would be beneficial
- A sound knowledge and understanding of CEMS and environmental legislation
- Experience with CMMS (computerised maintenance management systems)
- Knowledge of environmental permits, H&S issues and safe working environments
You will be expected to be flexible with your approach to work and be prepared to work some weekends during busy outage periods
The successful candidate will receive:
- A basic salary circa £35,000
- A car allowance circa £4,800 per annum
- A performance related bonus
- A contributory pension
- Additional benefits
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 288 215 and speak to Steve who can tell you more.
If you apply, do tell them that you saw this on the Clinical Waste Discussion Forum, and Good Luck!